The CCP4 software suite is based around a library of routines which
cover common tasks, such as file opening, parsing keyworded input,
reading and writing of standard data formats, applying symmetry
operations, etc. Programs in the suite call these routines which, as
well as saving the programmer some effort, ensure that the varied
programs in the suite have a similar look-and-feel.
The library contains several sub components:
* CMTZ library -- Contains a variety of functions for manipulating
the data structure, for example adding crystals, datasets or columns.
The data structure can be dumped to an output MTZ data file.
* CMAP library -- Functions defining the C-level API for accessing
CCP4 map files.
* CSYM library -- a collection of functions centered around a data file
syminfo.lib which is auto-generated from sgtbx (the Space Group Toolbox
* CCP4 utility library -- many utility functions which either give
specific CCP4 or platform independent functionality.
* CCP4 Parser library -- provides CCP4-style parsing, as used for
processing keywords of CCP4 programs, MTZ header records, etc.
* CCP4 resizable arrays -- defines an object and methods which looks
just like a simple C array, but can be resized at will without
incurring excessive overheads.
This package contains the shared library components needed for programs
that have been compiled with the libccp4 library.